So today I went to MGH for volunteer orientation. It was...boring. Sat and listened to a powerpoint on hospital safety and volunteer responsibilities for about 2 hours. I've come to realize that with any hospital volunteer program (or volunteer program in general, I guess), there's always this one over-enthusiastic person that smiles creepily wide and laughs loudly at everything anyone says. I had the misfortune of sitting next to one during the orientation, and...oh my god. She nodded so vigorously at EVERYTHING the volunteer organizer said, I thought her Prozac-addled head would pop off. @_@
Anyways. Back on topic.
After the orientation, I got on the T and took the subway back to Alewife, where my dad was supposed to pick me up. He wasn't there yet, so I called home just to make sure he hadn't forgotten me. My mom picked up and told me that he'd left about 15 minutes ago and should be at Alewife very soon.
Then, right on cue, an obnoxiously red Toyota SUV (no dissin' the family ride, yo) pulls into the parking lot. I walk up to the car and begin to open the door. Just as my hand touches the handle, the car jerks forward. (Me: WTF MOTHERFUCKER) I reach for it again, grasping the handle firmly this time, and the car jerks forward again. Thinking my dad is playing games with me or just being an idiot, I yank the car door open and plop down on the leather seat.
My mind process went as follows:
Me: Oh hey, nice seats. Did we always have these?
[Pause.]
Wow. Dad got a lot paler. Since when did he wear wifebeaters?
[Silence.]
Oh shit.
I shamefully confess that it took me about 10 whole seconds to figure out all this. My conclusion was confirmed soon after when the guy turned around and yelled, "HEY, WRONG CAR BUDDY!"
I practically flung myself out of the car while a bunch of people looked on critically. Their faces were literally like this: -_- Oh, the shame.
So I stood there awkwardly, frantically calling my friends (none of whom picked up, boohoo), while the guy glared at me from inside his car.
When my dad finally arrived at Alewife (in the OTHER family car, wtf!!! I didn't even have a legit excuse now...), I was so jaded that I just stood there and stared at him until he honked really loudly a bunch of times and waved his arms like a maniac.
Le sigh. Such is the Wu Family. What a bunch of freak shows.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ROFLROFLROFLROFL
ReplyDeleteEPIC FAIL, MORE SO THAN MY PHONE CALL HAHHAHA
HAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAH -angela
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHA thats awesome...in a really really lame way.
ReplyDeleteI don't think i've actually gotten in the wrong car before...i've opened the door though. -_-
i went in the wrong car with nicole once.. i went in first.. so i was last to run out..
ReplyDelete<3
ReplyDelete