Yeah, I know I'm usually super anal about maintaining personal hygeine, and I keep a can of lysol in my bag just in case some hobo-esque person comes within a ten-foot radius of me in school. Now it seems the hobo is me, and you know what? I'm kinda enjoying it. There's something about being able to deep-fry foods using only the greasy buildup in your hair that touches my heart...just kidding. I've just been too busy lately to care much about my appearance. You'd think that given all the time and money I spend on skincare products and stuff in general to fake good breeding, I'd probably use them...but meh. There's just no time. My morning routine consists of repeatedly hitting the snooze button and opening my sleepy eyes just wide enough to find my own toothbrush (horror story: Once, I was halfway through brushing my teeth when I realized I was using my dad's toothbrush. I freaked out and tried to scrub out the grossness with a lot of toothpaste, only to find that I'd loaded my toothbrush with lotion instead. Was a good time.).
By the time I wake up enough to realize how socially unacceptable I look, it's usually minutes before the bus arrives so I barely have any time to fix myself up. I know a ton of girls can just wake up, wash their face, apply some moisturizer, and just leave without breaking a sweat about it. Not me. I'm borderline obsessed with trying to make my skin look good; even if I fail miserably, I still feel content in knowing that I tried. I wouldn't call it addiction; I'm not so dependent on makeup that I need to wear a paper bag over my head if I go out in public with a naked face, but I feel pretty weird without it. I guess I'm just used to the routine of waking up in the morning and putting stuff on my face. I'll admit this routine has gotten significantly less complicated; I can't help but cringe when I look back on the days when I caked my face in non-matching foundation and wore tons of eye makeup and obnoxious blush. Why didn't anyone tell me I looked like Ronald McDonald with size-6 feet? ;_; Yeah, bad memories. Fortunately, those days are dead and gone (GOOD song, btw. You go JT.), but I haven't been able to cut makeup completely out of my life, simply because I don't feel the need to. I know some people call it shallow, and it is a hassle at times--takes time to perfect, costs money, and slowly builds to an unhealthy obsession--but I like it, and I that's the reason why I wear it. Makeup isn't a chore that I have to get through in order to step outside--it's fun. The colors, the textures, the glitters (*_*)...just like art, but so much more tangible because you're doing it to yourself. I gladly set aside the time I could use to sleep in for makeup because it's one of the few pleasures I have during my hectic life right now, and god knows I need as much chill time as I can get.
Not to mention shower time.
Dang, I look gross. Hobo on the loose! Science fair madness was at that time. I think this picture was taken in the middle of answering my dad, who only wanted to talk about the 2940204820 APs and SATIIs I'm going to be taking at the end of the school year. Which basically sums up my life.

true dat. makeup is art but i think i'm seriously dependent on it... for eyelashes anyway. i don't give a hoot about foundation tehe.
ReplyDeletelolol I'm that girl who rolls out of bed at like 7:35 and slops puts on mascara and eyeshadow (but I guess no one notices it :P) and runs out.
ReplyDeleteyeah I get disgustingly uncaring during the winter about my appearances too..
wait until spring/sunny season, u w0nt b abl3 2 T@ke yo 3yEs 0fFa Me BBGRL.
...omg die. e_e
ReplyDeletewell apparently karolyn notices and thinks you're artificial and skankilicious~laaaa
but I still love you suga bunz.